Trio at the park

Trio at the park
My 'Fur Kids', I wouldn't trade them for the world - today anyway

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sigh...

I have to keep repeating to myself that I love the big dumb dog. Apache is having all sorts of assorted issues right now. The lip thing I can't seem to get to stop completely & is now around the front part of his mouth, now he's had diahrrea for days.... He loses weight every spring and fall due to allergies and all, so I am always thrilled when I can get him up over 70lbs, which is quite rare. I always try very hard to get extra weight on him in the winter, but I've never been able to get him over 75lbs. Most people that see him think he weighs much more than that, but he doesn't. It's mainly fur and the fact that he's always on his toes and his bold personality shines (yes, I said my dog has personality, better than a lot of people I know). He stops eating when his stomach is upset or when he's full (I wish I could learn THAT trick). Every time something happens with him, I'm afraid it will be his 'last' relapse. I do so love him, but occasionally wonder how I can afford to keep him & if he'll survive regardless of how much effort I put in it. So yep, a deep sigh about sums it up right now...

No comments: