Trio at the park

Trio at the park
My 'Fur Kids', I wouldn't trade them for the world - today anyway

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why I track this

I guess for myself as well as others... I forgot that last year around this time Apache got sick, not the whole lip thing (as he never seems to have the same reaction twice), but diahrrea and loss of appetite. I finally remembered that I had given him Benedryl (extremely small dose for his size) for about a month. I have been giving him a tablet at each meal - with all of his other pills - for the past 7 days. His lips are again sealed, but still very pink in the corners. I am also going back to strictly raw feeding schedule for now. He is an expensive boy, I started totaling all his medications and suppliments, and made myself stop - it was rather depressing & I hadn't even taken his food/feeding into consideration. Jeez, what am I doing.

As I said, this is just to possibly help others, and primarily for me to track his progress and declines...

He's such a sweetie though, hates the pills, but a really great dog.

No comments: