Trio at the park

Trio at the park
My 'Fur Kids', I wouldn't trade them for the world - today anyway

Monday, October 29, 2007

Hooray!

Apache did it!! His 'registered' name is now Annette's Apache CD, CGC, TDI, and now RN! Apache & Chippewa were entered in Youngstown OH's Rally Trial on Friday, and both qualified - giving Apache his 3rd leg and his title. I never understood why dogs need 3 legs for a performance title - they have 4 legs after all.... Anyway, I digress - Apache's score on Friday was 94 out of 100, due to me calling for a 'do over' for a front that his by-passed to go straight to heel position. (a Do Over lets you 'do over' whatever exercise you had issue with, but costs you 3 points).

Chip got 98 out of 100 - impressive little guy when he wants to be! I have it on tape, and, honestly, he is really cute (but I am a bit biased)!

Anyway, it was a good weekend for the most part. Apache has been eating raw rabbit (literally, a quarter of a rabbit 2x a day) for the past 5 days and his lips are no longer red/raw or irritated. Cheyenne has a small skin irritation on her back, but that's not as unusual as I would like to say it is. Apache's allergic to anything that goes 'in' him and Cheyenne has always had allergies for anything that goes 'on' her. They both went to the vet early Friday morning to just verify there was nothing else up with Apache's lip, and get Chey some antibiotics. My vet is always so surprised at how easy it is to work with/on my dogs. I guess that's why he refers people to me for training, which is a compliment in itself.

No comments: